Exchange and Refund Policy
Our ultimate goal is for you, our valued customer to be completely satisfied with your purchase and thus we only sell quality branded goods and we are confident that you will be satisfied with every purchase you make.
We run our business in compliance with the Consumer Protection Act and our exchange and refund policy is in compliance with this Act.
ALL GOODS SOLD IN THIS SHOP ARE INTENDED FOR DOMESTIC AND COMMERCIAL USE UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED OTHERWISE ON THE PACKAGING THEREOF.
Returns in case of Change of Mind or Mistake by Consumer
In the event of consumers wanting to return goods because they have changed their minds or purchased the incorrect product due to an error or mistake on their part, we are not obliged by law to accept returns and refund monies. However, where we choose at our sole discretion to accept such returns and refunds out of goodwill, such goods must still be in their original condition and packaging and may not have been used. You will also be required to present the original tax invoice.
CAREFULLY READ THE INDICATIONS OF PURPOSE AND OTHER NOTICES TO FAMILIARISE YOURSELF WITH THE USE FOR WHICH THE GOODS ARE INTENDED BEFORE PURCHASING THEM
Are any goods excluded from this return and refund policy?
By law, the goods we exclude from the returns and refund policy are:
- goods which are not inherently unsafe, there is no material defect in the goods, or the goods have failed while being used contrary to instructions or not for the indicated intended purpose;
- goods we do not ordinarily stock and have been purchased by way of special order will only be replaced if defective;
- goods which have been partially or entirely disassembled, physically altered, permanently installed, affixed, attached, joined or added to blended or combined with, or embedded within, other goods or property (including changing plugs, extending cords, or unscrewing any fastener;
- goods which have been intentionally or unintentionally damaged by the consumer, for example, by exposure to the elements, use of force on the product to replace batteries and other consumables, or used commercially when sold for domestic use only.
- goods considered “livestock”
What if the goods are unsuitable for the purpose I initially bought them for?
- As stated above, it is the consumer’s responsibility to familiarize themselves with the intended purpose of any goods stated on the packaging and there is no right to return any goods because they are unsuitable for another purpose than that stated on the packaging and in user documentation;
- If however you indicated a particular purpose for which you intend using the goods to a salesperson who confirmed in writing e.g. on a quotation, that you will be able to use the goods for that purpose, you may return the goods within 5 working days after you purchased them if it turns out that the goods are not suitable for the purpose you anticipated and indicated to the salesperson.
- Subject to our rights in law to charge you for use and to get the goods fit for re-stocking, we will give you a refund in credit form.
What can I do if the goods are defective?
- Due to the technical nature of most of the goods we sell it is not possible to determine in-store whether goods have been damaged or what the cause of a failure or defect may be. This is of importance as it determines whether the goods may be repaired, replaced or refunded under warranty. Accordingly, we reserve the right to refer returned goods for technical assessment by the manufacturer or authorized service centre prior to repairing, replacing or refunding and to provide you with feedback within 10 working days of receipt of the returned goods and to act accordingly.
- If the goods fail or a defect manifests after the initial 6 month period from the date of sale thereof, in most cases the normal manufacturer’s warranty’s will apply as stated in the documentation provided with the goods, however, these are not guarantees offered by us and all decisions, repairs, replacements and refunds are undertaken by the manufacturer or importer at their discretion and all complaints in respect thereof should be directed to them.
- If the goods become defective once the manufacturer’s warranty has expired, we can in most cases arrange with the manufacturer or its agents to repair them. No repairs will be done without you approving a quotation first.
Are there any conditions that apply to manufacturers’ warranties?
As with all warranties, certain conditions and exceptions apply.
- Please take proper note of any terms or instructions that accompany your goods and make sure that all instructions are strictly followed as a failure to do so will result in the warranty being voided. This is applicable to all goods, but especially for appliances, lawnmowers, hand and power tools, and electronic gadgets and toys.
- Goods that show a manufacturing defect within the first 6 months of purchase will be repaired, replaced or refunded at the suppliers discretion.
- Defects that develop after 6 months may be repaired, replaced or refunded at the manufacturer’s election, and subject to the relevant manufacturer’s policy or extended warranty.
- The nature of the goods (size, technical specifications, etc.) often dictates where the repair will take place. For example, on site or at the manufacturer’s premises.
In what instances will the manufacturer’s warranty not apply?
The manufacturer’s warranty will only apply to defects in the process of manufacturing the goods and will not apply in the following instances:
- damage caused by lightning or power surges.
- goods used for a purpose other than the purpose for which they were manufactured.
- goods used contrary to their instruction manuals, such as misuse or abuse of the products
- accidental damage.
- Goods that have been partially or entirely disassembled or physically altered.
How will I be refunded?
Once we have accepted a return and approved a refund, you will receive the refund in the form of store credit.
There is an implied warranty on goods repaired out of warranty, which places an obligation on suppliers to warrant all new and reconditioned parts installed, for three months, in all repair work undertaken after the date of installation or longer, as the supplier may specify. Please note that we are not the repairer’s of any goods brought in to us for repair and this warranty is between you the consumer and the service agent or service centre although we will as far as is reasonable assist you in dealing with them.
Where goods are ordered online, or through our shops and have to be obtained for you or sent to you or anyone else, we cannot accept cancellations or offer refunds merely because there were delays outside our control in the obtaining of the goods or delivery thereof by the delivery service provider.
If time is of the essence then please inform us at the time of placing of the order so that we are aware thereof and can inform you of the possibility of meeting your expected due dates.
How do I return a product to your store?
If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, and meet the above mentioned disclaimer on returns where we have approved a return note, or if the item was received faulty/defective/broken/damaged in transport and/or wrongly delivered by us, please get in touch with us within 24 hours after your delivery by phoning the store on 012 374 6100. We will explain the return process to you and we will book a return courier from our side. In the event of a warranty claim, damaged goods or a mistake from our end, the courier service will be free of charge. If you however ordered a product that you no longer wish to keep, and meet our conditions for return policy and only after we approved the return, a small courier and handling fee will apply (calculated upon processing your return and communicated with you prior to booking the courier), alternatively you have the option to return items not qualified for a free return on our behalf with your own courier.
Responsibility for the delivery of goods
Please note that we use a third party to deliver, all of our orders are delivered by The Courier Guy, once you purchase from us the responsibility and successful completion of your delivery lies with The Courier Guy. Please familiarise yourself with The Courier Guy’s terms and conditions which can be viewed by clicking on the link below.